This post is also available in:
It’s easy to get into a breakfast rut, eating the same thing over and over. This is a great basic recipe that you can easily change to your tastes by using different add-ins. The best thing about it is that you can make it in large batches and then put them in the freezer for when you’re in a real pinch. Enjoy!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 ripe banana
- ½ cup of mix ins of choice (chocolate chips, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, goji berries, candied ginger, chopped nuts, cinnamon, shredded coconut etc.)
- Coconut oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash the banana with a fork.
- Add the oatmeal and mix-ins to the mashed banana.
- Form into cookies and cook for about 12 minutes.
If you want to freeze I suggest doubling (or tripling) the recipe, shape cookies on a parchment paper and then freeze them for at least 2 hours on the parcment paper. Once they’re frozen all the way through removed them from the baking sheet and store them in a freezer safe Ziploc bag. Cook them the same way from frozen, but for a few more minutes.
Some of my favorite combinations are: candied ginger and chocolate chips, shredded coconut and cinnamon and chopped walnuts with goji berries!
Photo by @theleankitchenqueen on Instagram.