This post is also available in:
It’s almost as if December is the month of the cookies! Wherever you go the holiday festivities seem to have started and you’ll find frosted, sugar coated cookies almost everywhere. Instead of giving in to the temptation of the not so healthy holiday treats that tend to be filled with sugar and food dyes, try making your own deliciously healthy cookies.
This recipe for almond Jam Dot Cookies by fellow health coach and thyroid expert Andrea Beaman is the perfect one for the holiday season. Enjoy!
Ingredients for about 15 cookies:
- ½ cup almond
- 3 tbsp. softened butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp. almond extract
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup granulated cane juice
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 ¼ cups whole grain pastry flour
- 1/8 tbsp. sea salt
- Your favorite flavor of fruit jam (I love strawberry!)
- Pre-heat oven to 350ºF (176ºC).
- In a food processor finely chop almonds then add the butter and pulse until combined
- Add egg, almond and vanilla extracts and pulse again.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a separate bowl and then add to the food processor.
- Pulse until the mixture turns into dough and then form 2-inch balls.
- Place the cookies onto a lightly oiled, or parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Flatten the dough a little and press your finger in the middle to make a nice spot for the jam.
- Drop a small spoonful of jam into the center.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes
It’s always great to have a cookie recipe up your sleeve and you can even bring a plate of cookies with you to holiday gatherings.
Jacqueline Banks, who grew up in Casa de Campo, is a certified holistic health counselor and busy mother.
Her focus is on helping other busy moms in all stages of motherhood keep themselves and families healthy and happy. She uses natural and organic solutions to solve individual health problems and promote clean living.
Check out her website at: www.jacquelinebanks.com