This post is also available in: Spanish
The 4th edition of the Bayahibe 10k Race 2016 will take place on Sunday September 18th, starting at 7:00 am departing from the town of Bayahibe. It will travel a route through an important tourist area of the country, including the sector of Dominicus (where major hotel chains and craft spaces are located). The race will run through, as every year, paved roads, forest and beach.
Since it is a few months away, that means we have enough time to get ready for this challenge!
If you love running for recreation, exercise or competition, don’t miss the opportunity to be the next champion of the Bayahibe 10K race! Not only will you be able to show test your skills and endurance capabilities, you will also be able to admire the landscape of the beautiful town of Bayahibe.
Some tips to getting ready:
Whether you’re an avid runner or just starting off, you are definitely encouraged to participate in the Bayahibe 10k. There is more than enough time to start training and get in shape! If you’re a beginner like me, we have some tips to get you started.
- Get the OK from your doctor. Before starting any exercise regime, it is best to get clearance from a doctor.
- Be Patient and google workout plans right you. Everyone needs to train no matter their skill level, and it takes time to build up to a race. Be patient, and easily find plans using google or apps from your phone to help you along the way. With 6 months until the race, there’s plenty of time to prepare! Last year we provided a 12 week plan, that you can use that as a foundation and build upon. Watch your speed. As a beginner you can not expect to run from the get-go.
- Rest. Yes, you need to train, but your body also needs its rest! Your body recovers and repairs tissue while at rest. Which helps you achieve new levels as you continue to train.
- If you’re in pain, it’s not good! It means you are overdoing it, which brings us back to our 2 previous tips: Be patient, and Rest.
- Research the race. Contact the numbers below for details on the specifics of race. This way you’ll know exactly what you can expect (inclines, flat surfaces, etc) which will help you get ready.
- Last but not least, Enjoy the process! Enlist friends to train and start a training group. A reminder, just by completing the race you will feel accomplished, no matter the time!
View the gallery of pictures from last year’s Bayahibe 10k to recap the good moments and get excited about participating! Plus, read our coverage article here. Don’t miss this year’s chance to run!
Take a look at the incredible pictures from last year:
Date: Sunday, September 18th
Contact: (809) 475-1919 and (809) 520-9152 / 9153 / [email protected]
Organized by: La Romana – Bayahibe Tourism Cluster