This post is also available in: Spanish
Beets are such an incredible food! They can be prepared in many ways. I love them as a salad and my daughter loves them baked in the oven as crunchy chips. They come in a variety of sizes and colors so you can experiment with them and find your favorite.
Here are a few good reasons to make beets a part of your life:
- They are a great source of folic acid- a vitamin B that can help the body regenerate new cells.
- They’re also a great source of essential minerals such as magnesium, potassium and vitamin C.
- They are known as cleansers and blood purifiers making them the perfect food for anyone trying to cleanse or detox.
- Drinking beet juice is thought to help lower blood pressure and even give you an quick energy boost making it a great preworkout drink (try beet, carrot and apple juice or throw some raw beet cubes into a smoothie!)
- Beet greens are edible and also incredibly cleansing. They are also great for supporting healthy bones by boosting bone strength and even boosting your immune system. Toss them in a salad or quickly sautee them with a bit of olive oil.
A simple way to add them to your diet is to simply roast them and add them to a salad. Cut them into small pieces and add to a bed of arugula, sprinkle with a few crushed almonds, a little bit of feta cheese, some fresh herbs such as basil or mint and dress with a touch of olive oil and freshly squeezed lemon juice.
Photo by @lady.tori.kayy on Instagram.
Jacqueline Banks, who grew up in Casa de Campo, is a certified holistic health counselor and busy mother.
Her focus is on helping other busy moms in all stages of motherhood keep themselves and families healthy and happy. She uses natural and organic solutions to solve individual health problems and promote clean living.
Check out her website at: www.jacquelinebanks.com