Valentine’s Day is tends to be a holiday full of color coated candy and boxes of chocolate. This year instead of focusing on all the sugar focus on the amazing relationships in your life and keeping the ones you love healthy!
Try these delicious, healthy, alternatives to traditional Valentines day candy!
Strawberry Protein bites:
- ¼-1/2 bag of Dark chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp. of favorite nut butter
- ½ pint of strawberries
- Cut a V-shape a the top of each strawberry and then cut them in half so they look like cute hearts.
- Spread some nut butter on top of each strawberry
- Melt the chocolate chips over low-medium heat in a small sauce pan
- Once the chocolate is melted drizzle it over the strawberries
- Put them in the fridge for about half an hour until they harden.
If you’re looking for something a little bit sweeter how about some delicious, red cookies? These fabulous cookies get their pretty red color from beets instead of artificial food dye! You can find the recipe for these great Beet Cookies on the Weelicious website along with other yummy treats!
Wishing you all a very sweet, healthy Valentine’s Day!
Jacqueline Banks, who grew up in Casa de Campo, is a certified holistic health counselor and busy mother.
Her focus is on helping other busy moms in all stages of motherhood keep themselves and families healthy and happy. She uses natural and organic solutions to solve individual health problems and promote clean living.
Check out her website at: www.jacquelinebanks.com