Attention to all athletes! (or at least those aspiring to be fit…) Save the date for what has become an annual tradition for all running enthusiasts! The 7th Bayahibe 10k Race 2019 which will take place on Sunday, September 15th, starting at 7:00 am departing from the town of Bayahibe. It will travel a route through an important tourist area of the country, including the sector of Dominicus (where major hotel chains and craft spaces are located). The race will run through, as every year, paved roads, forest, and beach.
The race, organized by the Romana Bayahibe Tourism Cluster and Hotel Association, consists of a 10K route that goes through different points of the Bayahíbe and Dominicus area. Registration will be open soon so whether you’re an avid runner or just starting off, you are definitely encouraged to participate in the Bayahibe 10k. With just 9 weeks to go, you are JUST in time to start training. If you’re a beginner like me, we have some tips to get you started.
- Get the OK from your doctor. Before starting any exercise regime, it is best to get clearance from a doctor.
- Be Patient and google workout plans right you. Everyone needs to train no matter their skill level, and it takes time to build up to a race. Be patient, and easily find plans using google or apps from your phone to help you along the way. With 6 months until the race, there’s plenty of time to prepare! In previous years we have provided a 12 week plan, that you can use that as a foundation and build upon. Watch your speed. As a beginner you can not expect to run from the get-go.
- Rest. Yes, you need to train, but your body also needs its rest! Your body recovers and repairs tissue while at rest. Which helps you achieve new levels as you continue to train.
- If you’re in pain, it’s not good! It means you are overdoing it, which brings us back to our 2 previous tips: Be patient, and Rest.
- Research the race. Contact the numbers below for details on the specifics of race. This way you’ll know exactly what you can expect (inclines, flat surfaces, etc) which will help you get ready.
- Last but not least, Enjoy the process! Enlist friends to train and start a training group. A reminder, just by completing the race you will feel accomplished, no matter the time!
If you love running for recreation, exercise or competition, don’t miss the opportunity to be the next champion of the Bayahibe 10K race!
Date: Sunday, September 15th
Hour: 7:00 am
Contact: (809) 833 0559 / (829) 521 3398 and (809) 520-9153 / email@example.com
Organized by: La Romana – Bayahibe Tourism Cluster and the Association of Hotels