This post is also available in: Spanish
Hands up if you love cookies!
Well here I bring you a delicious and easy cookie recipe which is not only gluten free, but it’s sugar free too and therefore it must be good for you!
Oh and this is also a great way to use up left-over porridge!
- 2 cups of left-over porridge (approximately)
- ¾ cup of rice flour
- ¼ cup of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon (maybe a bit more)
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda (I’m sure you could probably leave this out)
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of almond butter
- random quantity of smashed up chocolate – this is for the chocolate chips. You can use actual chocolate chips, or just broken up chocolate. It doesn’t need to be cooking chocolate, I just broke up two 25g chocolate bars I had in the fridge.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit / 180° Celsius
- Mix the rice flour into the left-over porridge.
- Mixing the rice into the left-over porridge is pretty difficult, so when you’ve done that the best you can, add in the coconut oil and maple syrup and that makes mixing it up much easier.
- Add all the other ingredients and mix until its nicely combined.
- Taste it – at this point it should already taste great and because it doesn’t contain raw eggs or anything else that really needs cooking – you can gobble up as much as you like!
- Lightly grease a baking tray (or a piece of parchment paper on a baking tray).
- Glob small amounts of the mixture into approximate little circles on the tray, you can use teaspoon amounts, or tablespoon amounts – the only real difference at the end is the size of the cookie.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes at 350° Fahrenheit / 180° Celsius.
- When they’re ready they look a little browner and firmer – but not super crispy and brown, if you cook them too much they will burn underneath so check for that.
- Leave to cool and enjoy with a nice cup of tea!