This post is also available in: Spanish
Avocados are known for their delicious, healthy fats but finding ways to incorporate them into your diet can be tricky.
Guacamole is a popular way to use them but how often do you really eat guacamole? Try some of these delicious ideas to get more of this healthy food into your life.
1. Spread it onto sandwiches. Just swap out butter or mayonnaise for a slice of avocado to spread on your bread.
2. Make a hearty salad lunch by adding some chicken, mango and avocado to your favorite greens and dressing it with some olive oil and fresh lime juice.
3. Make a green gazpacho by blending together some steamed zucchini, avocado,
green onions, vegetable broth, cucumber, limes and sea salt. This cold soup makes a delicious lunch on a hot day.
4. Try throwing them on the grill at your next barbecue, it’ll give it a great flavor and if you add a little salt you’ll want to eat it just as it is.
5. Indulge with some chocolate pudding! Use a food processor to puree the
avocado and then add cacao powder and maple syrup to taste.
6. Add a poached egg into a cut and pitted avocado, sprinkle with a little salt
and you’ve got a deliciously healthy breakfast full of protein and healthy fats to keep you going all day long.
7. Slice a few slices of fresh avocado on top of a pizza, it may sound strange but I
promise it’s delicious. My favorite is to top a cheese pizza with arugula, thinly sliced avocado slices and just a touch of lemon zest.
8. In a blender mix up a whole avocado, the juice of one lime and a touch of salt for a fantastic salad dressing.
9. Toss some wild rice or quinoa in a light lemon dressing and serve it in an avocado shell.
10. Make a decadent chocolate milkshake with milk, avocado, cacao powder and
Photo credit: @julie.soul on instagram
Jacqueline Banks, who grew up in Casa de Campo, is a certified holistic health counselor and busy mother. Her focus is on helping other busy moms in all stages of motherhood keep themselves and families healthy and happy. She uses natural and organic solutions to solve individual health problems and promote clean living. Check out her website at: www.jacquelinebanks.com