This post is also available in: Spanish
I don’t think I’ve ever met anybody that doesn’t like the yummy, crispy, crunchy, saltiness of a good potato chip. Since most store bought brands of potato chips are very highly processed and full of fillers and unhealthy ingredients, I recommend you make your own potato chips so you can control the quality of the ingredients and you can bake them to make them even healthier. You’ll want to stick with organic potatoes since potatoes are one of the crops most heavily sprayed with pesticides.
- Fingerling potatoes
- Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Garlic pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees
- Slice the potatoes into as thin rounds as you can manage use a mandolin slicer if you have one.
- Toss the chips in some olive oil, salt, rosemary and garlic pepper.
- Liberally grease a cookie sheet with a good quality butter.
- Cook for about 20 minutes or until cooked through – time will depend on how thick the chips are.
- Once they’re cooked through turn on the broiler for about 3 minutes to crisp up. Keep an eye on them while you do this since they can quickly go from crispy to burned.
Jacqueline Banks, who grew up in Casa de Campo, is a certified holistic health counselor and busy mother. Her focus is on helping other busy moms in all stages of motherhood keep themselves and families healthy and happy.
She uses natural and organic solutions to solve individual health problems and promote clean living.
Check out her website at: www.jacquelinebanks.com