This post is also available in: Spanish
Is a new restaurant about to open in Altos de Chavón?
We think so! For the last few weeks, we have been hearing rumors that a new restaurant will soon be opening in Altos de Chavón – and now we have heard that this new restaurant will be inaugurated and opened this Saturday the 10th of December!
So although we have been unable to verify this rumor, the following is a quick summary of what we have heard:
1. The new restaurant will be called “La Cantina Latin Bistro” – the above image was posted on the Facebook profile of Cecil DeHaas, who we believe will be involved in the management of the restaurant.
2. The new restaurant will be a latin/dominican restaurant, serving traditional Dominican dishes at precios populares (that’s Dominican for “not too expensive”)
3. The new restaurant is going to be owned/ran by Julia Martinez, who is the proprietor of the popular “La Casita” restaurants; La Casita in the Marina Casa de Campo and La Casita in La Romana.
4. The new restaurant will be located where OneBurger used to be, next door to Papa Jacks.
5. The grand opening will take place on Saturday the 10th of December during the Bazaar Navideño in Altos de Chavón!
When we get any more info – we will let you know!
11am – 10pm: Shopping, eating, drinking and being merry!
11am – 6pm: Kids games and activities
4pm – 6pm: Visit from Santa Claus
7pm: The “Nutcracker” Ballet at the Altos de Chavón Amphitheater
Click here for more info!
9pm: Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony and ”Christmas Recital” on the main Altos de Chavón plaza