This post is also available in: Spanish
Casa de Campo’s mecca for golfers around the world provides enthusiasts with plenty of opportunities to play. Recently, the resort has been host to the 5th Annual Latin America Pro-Am, and the 2019 Fundación MIR Family Weekend for Life golf tournament. A few short weeks from now, approximately 200 golfers are expected to participate in the 38th Casa de Campo Open that begins September 11th.
Founded by Gilles Gagnon, Director of Golf Emeritus, the tournament is the oldest and most popular golf event in Casa de Campo. Frequently sold out, it draws the participation of players and spectators from the United States, Aruba, St. Martin, France, Jamaica, St. Thomas, Curazao, Canada, the Bahamas, Colombia, Costa Rica, Mexico, Haiti, Venezuela, Puerto Rico, and the Dominican Republic.
This year, registration will take place at the Teeth of the Dog Golf Pro Shop on September 11th after which participants can begin their practice rounds, later on, that same day there will be a welcome reception at La Terraza Dye Fore. The Championship will be held on all three of our world-famous golf courses, the Teeth of the Dog, the Dye Fore, and what will be the recently renovated Links, which is due to open after regular maintenance on August 25th. The format is a 54 hole Individual Stroke Play competition using the Stableford scoring system. There will be both Net and Gross prizes per flight for both men and women, as well as a competition for Seniors, Super Seniors, Master Seniors, & Elite Seniors for both men and women.
See below a great special for Casa de Campo’s Dueños and their guests, as well as the complete schedule of events – mark your calendars to participate!
38th Casa de Campo Open
Where: Teeth of the Dog, Dye Fore, The Links
When: September 11-15th
For more information you may contact the Golf office at any time, at 809-523-8115, or send an email to [email protected].
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
DATE SCHEDULE Wednesday, September 11
- Registration at the Teeth of the Dog Golf Pro Shop (mandatory for all participants)
- Practice round (please call the pro shop # 3187)
- 7:00 pm Welcome Cocktail and Dinner Party
Thursday, September 12
- 8:30 am Shotgun start for the first round on Teeth of the Dog and Dye Fore
Friday, September 13
- 8:30 am Shotgun start for the second round on Dye Fore & Links
- 4:30 pm Two-club championship
Saturday, September 14
- 8:00 am Shotgun start for the final round on Teeth of the Dog and Links
- 7:00 pm Awards Cocktail and Dinner Banquet
Sunday, September 15
- 7:30am Shotgun start for the Caddy/Amateur Scramble on Teeth of the Dog
- Departure Day