This post is also available in: Spanish
Every year for almost two decades, our sister publication, Local Profile magazine hosts its annual Women in Business event in Plano, Texas. The 1-day conference’s main focus is on building communities and delivering insightful and relevant hyper-local content.
The Women in Business Summit brings together hundreds of powerful women from various industries. They gather to share their stories of success and to discuss everything from diversity in the workplace to rising to the top of one’s field. With networking opportunities and wisdom from notable keynote speakers, Women in Business is a chance to mingle with like-minded professionals from across the metroplex.
This year, for the first time in 19 years, Local Profile’s Annual Women in Business Summit will be a virtual event with new fluidity, flexibility, and discussions never offered before.
This year’s event is presented by Baylor Scott & White Health, the topic of the day will be “the New Normal.” Some of the greatest female leaders in North Texas will gather to discuss the ways they have adapted during COVID-19, sustained their vision, and managed their professional lives in an uncertain time.
The most notable change to the Women in Business schedule is its new duck-in, duck-out format. For the first time, attendees are able to build their day and their attendance around their pre-existing schedules and priorities. Tune in for the keynote address from Martina McIsaac, President, and CEO, Hilti North America, duck-out for a meeting and return in time for a session of networking.
This new virtual format allows anyone to attend from anywhere in the world. This is why we would like to invite our Casa de Campo community to join us this year!
Peppered with ample networking opportunities, the event presents an incredible opportunity to learn from these business leaders, while at the same time having the opportunity to make new friends and business acquaintances. Women in Business is an event like you’ve never seen before!
[* Photos from last years summit]
Women in Business 2020
When: Oct 23, 10:00AM to 6:00PM AST
Click here to view the full schedule and register for the event!
MEET OUR SPEAKERS
- KEYNOTE: Martina McIsaac, Region Head and CEO, Hilti North America
- Kenleigh McMinn, PhD, Licensed Clinical Psychologist, Baylor Scott & White Medical Psychology Consultants
- Michelle May O’Neil, Dallas-based, success coach, motivational speaker, author, lawyer and entrepreneur
- Gia Goodrich, award-winning fashion, beauty & editorial photographer
- TiWanna Kenney, BAS Consultant & Principal Auctioneer, Astounding Auctions
- Irum Rashid-Jones, COO, Electrician on Call
- Atali Samuel, Founder, Black and White Studio
- Roslyn Dawson Thompson, CEO, Texas Women’s Foundation
- Cordelia Tullous, Executive Director, Step Up
- Patty Daniels Phelps, VP, ACCESS Texas
- Terri Liebler, SVP of Strategy and Sales, Media and Sponsorship, Live Nation Entertainment
- Heather Chapman, Senior Business Development Director, Freeman Company
- Emily Zawisza, Director Corporate Sales & Performer, Four Day Weekend
- Beverly Anderson, Director of Events & Catering, Hilton Anatole Hotel
- Guwan Jones, Chief Diversity Officer at Baylor Scott & White Health
- Maria Lensing, SVP and CTO, Engineering, Infrastructure and Operations at McKesson
- Dawna Hubert, President, North Texas Gay and Lesbian Alliance (GALA)
- Leigh Ober, Global Chief Talent Officer, Javelin & RAPP – Omnicom