This post is also available in: Spanish
The 4th annual Grand Induction Ceremony for the Latino Baseball Hall of Fame is taking place very soon – from the 7th to the 10th of February, part of which is the INMORTALES golf tournament – your opportunity to tee off with some of the biggest names in latino baseball history – including Pedro Martinez!
The tournament teeing off on Saturday February the 9th at 8:30am will be played on the Teeth of the Dog in a best ball team format – with each team of 4 including one famous baseball personality!
Perhaps the biggest baseball star taking part in the golf tournament is Pedro Martínez. In his 18 year career, Pedro Martínez became one of the Dominican Republic’s most successful players of all time, winning 3 Cy Young Awards, a Triple Crown in 1999, as well as the Most Valuable Player in the 1999 All-Star game, he is also a eight-time All-Star AND a World Series Champion!!
Amongst the other great baseball stars playing in this year’s tournament are Rennie Stennet, Octavio “Cookie” Rojas, Teodora Higuera and Victor Davalillo, all being inducted into the Latino Baseball Hall of Fame this year, as well as the great Bernie Williams who played for the Yankees for 16 years, and who returns this year to unveil his statue in the Paseo de los Inmortales in La Romana, and Jeff Idelson, the President of the National Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, New York – and many more!
Playing for the 2nd year running is Tony Oliva, inducted in 2012 and who last year took home the trophy – who will not doubt be one to look out for(e)!!
The complete list of baseball heros who will be playing in the tournament are as follows:
• Rennie Stennet (Latino Baseball Hall of Fame, class of 2013)
• Octavio “Cookie” Rojas (Latino Baseball Hall of Fame, class of 2013)
• Benjamin Oglivie (Latino Baseball Hall of Fame, class of 2012)
• Tony Oliva (Latino Baseball Hall of Fame, class of 2012)
• Manny Trillo (Latino Baseball Hall of Fame, class of 2012)
• Teodora Higuera (Latino Baseball Hall of Fame, class of 2013)
• Bernie Williams (Latino Baseball Hall of Fame, class of 2012)
• Pedro Guerrero (Former Major Leaguer from San Pedro de Macoris)
• Jeff Idelson (President of the National Hall of Fame in Cooperstown)
• Luis Roberto Clemente Jr. (son of the great Roberto Clemente – Latino Baseball Hall of Fame, class of 2010)
• Victor Davalillo (Latino Baseball Hall of Fame, class of 2013)
• Pedro Martinez (One of the most successful Dominican baseball players of all time)
• Rob Manfred (Major League Baseball Executive)
• Mariano Duncan (former Major League baseball player and coach, also from San Pedro)
We look forward to seeing you on the tees and on the greens for this incredible golf tournament!
INMORTALES Golf Tournament
When: Saturday February 9th
Tee-off: Shotgun at 8:30am
Where: Teeth of the Dog, Casa de Campo
Format: Best Ball in teams
• US$150 per player
• US$400 per team of 3
Contact: (809) 523-8045, [email protected]
The 4th annual celebratory week for the 2013 exaltations to the Salon de la Fama del Beisbol Latino (Latin Baseball Hall of Fame) are scheduled to take place from Thursday the 7th to Sunday the 10th of February 2013, with numerous activities planned across Casa de Campo and La Romana for both the luminaries, VIP special guests, current baseball stars – such as Miguel Cabrera of Venezuela, as well as the general public.
Following 2 evenings of celebratory events, including the inauguration of the new “Fan Cave” in the Marina Casa de Campo, a welcome dinner at the Casa de Campo villa of Roberto Wiell and the Honorary Chairman’s dinner hosted by Alfy Fanjul at Casa Grande, the “Los Inmortales” golf tournament played on Saturday morning the 11th of February was a nice change of pace for the baseball luminaries and a wonderful opportunity for them to behold the beauty of the Casa de Campo resort.
The 3rd exaltations to the Salon de la Fama del Beisbol Latino was celebrated from the 9th to the 11th of February 2012 in Casa de Campo and La Romana with a series of star-studded events.