This post is also available in: Spanish
I’m not exactly sure what Google Wave is exactly – it has something to do with emails and other techy-type things! To be honest if you don’t know what it is you probably don’t want an invite anyway!
Google describes Google Wave as “a personal communication and collaboration tool.”
However, if you do want to know more about Google Wave, here is a link to wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Wave
We are giving you the chance to ‘win’ or rather ‘earn’ a Google Wave invite! We will award a coveted and much sort after Google Wave invite to the BEST Casa de Campo Living contributor or contributors!
All you need to do is write us an article!
Now this may seem like a pretty daunting task, but I assure you it’s not – I do it every day! Here are some article ideas to get you started:
1. Write us a review!
Reviews are really easy – just chose somewhere or something you really like and write about it – tell us exactly why you like to so much, add in a few nice photos and hey presto, you’ve written you’re first Casa de Campo Living article! Some things you can write reviews about:
- restaurant or bars – tell us about your favourite place (it doesn’t even have to be a Casa de Campo place, although would be preferable – we seem to be lacking in that department…) Here are a few of our restaurant reviews:
Explore La Romana: Dom Ham – darn good burgers!
Beyond Casa: Centro Asturiano restaurant/club – a taste of Spain in the heart of Santo Domingo
- anywhere in Casa de Campo – the beach, the golf courses, La Terraza tennis club, the Dude Ranch, the La Romana Country Club.
- shops – there are plenty of nice shops in the Marina Casa de Campo, Altos de Chavon and even in La Romana town
- your experience of; horseback riding, Palmilla, Isla Catalina, golfing, snorkelling, a charity visit etc. For example:
The Dude Ranch, the Vaqueros and the horses
Discovering Hogar del Niño
TIP: Keep it positive!
2. Cover an event!
Covering an event is easy – all you need to do is go to the event, enjoy it and at the same time take as many photos of people, what’s going on, the venue and the food and drink (if there is any). Don’t be shy about taking photos, tell them it’s for Casa de Campo Living and people are only too happy to have their photo taken – after all Casa de Campo Living is now the #1 place to be seen in Casa de Campo! There is loads going on this weekend, here are some of the events which need to be covered:
- Cafe de La Leche at Peperoni – Friday 13th, 5pm
- Opening of the new art exhibit ‘Artistas en Residencia, Otoño 2009’ at the main art gallery in Altos de Chavon – Friday 13th, 7pm
- The Killers concert in Santo Domingo, Estadio Olymipico – Friday 13th, 8pm
- Onno’s 2nd Booze Cruise – Saturday 14th, departs Rio Marina 8pm
- Fourth Annual Teeth of The Dog Twosome Championship
- Any other event (private or otherwise) going on that we may not know about – coverage of this kind of event will get extra brownie points, just be sure to ask the host permission to cover their event!
TIP: take more photos than you think you will need – you can never have too many photos!
3. Write something!
You’ll be surprised by how many people are interested in hearing about what you have to say – and there are so many things to write about! Here are some example articles, written by members of the Casa de Campo community (other than me!)
- How to Care for your boat: Engine Alignment and Shaft Bearings – by Eduardo Hernandez
- Children and Exercise: Tips from a Casa de Campo mother – by Mylyn Vedel
- Jonas Brothers Craze: The Jonas Brothers Concert, Santo Domingo – by Patricia Proañ0
- Yo Soy Toro Y Tú ¿Qué Lo Qué? – by Elizabeth Silfa
- Healthy Living by Jacqueline Banks – Keep away the leading cause of death in the Dominican Republic – by Jacqueline Banks
- What is Reflexology? It’s much more than just a foot massage… – by Kyra Montague
4. Send us your photos!
Probably the most popular aspect to our website is our photos – people seem to be endlessly fascinated and desperate to look at our photos! Of course, there are only so many photos that I can take – so send us your photos! Here are some examples of the kind of photos we would be interested in:
- Party photos from Onno’s, Palmilla, the Marina Casa de Campo, Papajacks
- Scenery photos – Playa Minitas, Altos de Chavon and anywhere else beautiful in Casa de Campo or the Dominican Republic, there’s so many options!
- Photos for our ‘Only in the DR’ series – photos of things you only see in the DR!
- Any other photos you think we may be interested in!
TIP: include a short description of your photo/photos!
Email: [email protected]