This post is also available in: Spanish
The Global Foundation for Democracy and Development (Funglode) and its sister institution in the United States, the Global Foundation for Democracy and Development (GFDD), will analyze “The Future of Money” at the third Global Forum @ Casa de Campo on Tuesday, August 2, at the Marina Riverside Center, in Casa de Campo. The forum will bring together prominent officials and directors of private and public financial institutions in the country, the United States, Europe, the Middle East, and Latin America, in person and virtually, starting at 9:00 in the morning.
With the online transmission, through the digital platforms of the forum, as well as Funglode and former president Leonel Fernández, who chairs the organizing committee of the event, those interested will be able to follow the opening ceremony and the panels that make up the activity, scheduled to end at 6:00 in the afternoon.
High-level officials from the Dominican Republic and the United States, as well as renowned financial executives from Latin America, Europe, and Asia, have been summoned for the third edition of the Global Forum @ Casa de Campo.
The organizers highlight the participation of Julia Smearman, director, International Financial Markets of the Department of the Treasury of the United States Felice Gorordo, executive director of eMerge Americas, and nominated by the president of the United States, Joe Biden, as director of that country before the World Bank, and Jim Reynolds, founder of Loop Capital Markets and one of the 25 most powerful African-Americans in Wall St.
Also, Brock Pierce, an actor known for the movie “Mighty Ducks”, and who left the cinema to dedicate himself to working with cryptocurrencies and, according to Forbes magazine, is one of the most recognized crypto billionaires, placing him on the list of the 20 most rich in the world of cryptocurrencies.
Likewise, Scott Nations will participate as president of Nations Indexes, the largest developer of volatility and option strategy indices, and a regular contributor to the CNBC network. He is the author of the book “The Anxious Investor” and “A History of the United States in Five Crashes” and “Mathematical Options for Traders”, among others.
The executive director of Funglode, Dr. Marco Herrera, will introduce the act and then former president Leonel Fernández will explain the scope and objectives of the forum.
Julia Smearman, Director of International Financial Markets at the United States Department of the Treasury, will give a keynote address and Jim Reynolds, Jr., Chairman, and CEO, Loop Capital Markets, will address “Financial Markets in the United States and the Economy: Toward? where are the cryptocurrencies going?”
In the forum, there will be a virtual dialogue between Francis Suárez, mayor of the city of Miami, and Felice Gorordo, CEO of eMerge Americas, about the fintech innovation ecosystem.
In addition, Brock Pierce, Chairman of the Bitcoin Foundation, will make a presentation with the theme “The Future is Now”.
The conclusions will be offered by María Waleska Álvarez, president of the Caribbean Nap, and José Frank Almeida, director of the Americas, Its Global.
Several panels will address the topics: “Disruption of the financial sector”, “The Next Generation of Banking”, “Digital Assets: The Case of the Dominican Republic” and “Dialogue on public policies to create and strengthen the Fintech innovation ecosystem ”.
Financial sector disruption
Moderator: Eddy Martínez, president of the Santo Domingo Cyber Park
- Scott Notions, President of Nations Indexes, Inc.
- Alexandre Rigaud, CEO and co-founder of STE
- Bill Spata, CEO DevTeam6
- Brian Popelka, CEO, Banking Innovation Through Technology, BITT
- Victor Buson, VP Marketing, Taurus SA
The Next Generation of Banking
Moderator: José Frank Almeida, Americas Director, Its Global
- Michael Salmony, CEO, Founder and Consultant at Payments Innovation Consulting – Key Market Development in Digital Financial Services
- Julio Ferrón, Head of Crypto Solutions / Virtual Assets & Blockchain Consulting/ – Financial Services at KPGM Asesores, SL- Blockchain & Distributed Accounting Technology
- Justine Scerri Herrera, Partner & Advocate at Michael Kyprianou Group – MK Fintech Partners LTD – Los Pilares del Ecosistema Crypto
- Carlos Navarro, Senior Manager Blockchain and Digital Assets at Deloitte Spain – Crypto and the Financial Sector
- Charis Savvides, Partner Advocate- Law Lecturer, LL. B (Athenes) LL.M (Nottingham)- PhD (Sheffield) at Stelios Americanos & Co. LLC, Advocates – Legal Consultants – The Development of the Regulatory Landscape
- Massimo Buonomo, Former UN Global expert in blockchain, NFT, Metaverse, cryptocurrencies, CBDCs, Artificial Intelligence, Cybersecurity, Defi. Advising / Investing/ Tokenomics in early-stage startups from pre-seed stage – Tokenization of Digital Assets
Digital Assets: The Case of the Dominican Republic
Moderator: Raymond Ratti Beato, Director, Digitalia Crypto Ventures
- María Waleska Álvarez, President of the Caribbean Nap
- Miguel Ángel Adames, president of the Dominican Association of FinTech Companies, AdoFintech
- Sovieski Naut, Manager of Digital Economy of the Association of Commercial Banks of the Dominican Republic, ABC
- Christian Pichardo, Co-Founder and CEO, MIO
- Evan Luthra, Entrepreneur
– Virtual dialogue between Francis Suárez, Mayor of the City of Miami , and Felice Gorordo, CEO of eMerge Americas, on the fintech innovation ecosystem
-Words from Mr. Brock Pierce, Chairman of the Bitcoin Foundation – The Future is Now
- María Waleska Álvarez, president of the Caribbean Nap
- José Frank Almeida, Americas Director, Its Global
* Information and photos courtesy of funglode.org/