This post is also available in:
All of Casa de Campo golfers should be really excited as the 7th annual Latin America Amateur Championship will soon be here in Casa de Campo from Thursday, January 20th to Sunday 23rd, 2022! This is the third time that Casa de Campo has had the honor of hosting this event which brings to our tropical paradise the best amateur golfers in Latin America to play in the Caribbean’s No. 1 golf course, the Teeth of the Dog.
Founded by the Masters’ Tournament, The R&A, and the USGA, the Latin America Amateur Championship (LAAC) was established to further develop amateur golf in South America, Central America, Mexico, and the Caribbean. The career of one of them could definitely change if they manage to confirm their “favorites” badge. It is that the benefits that the LAAC grants in each edition are unmatched: the champion receives an invitation to compete in the Masters’ Tournament and The Open Championship. In addition, the winner and the player or players who finish in second place directly enter the final qualifying stages, with the possibility of reaching The Open and the U.S. Open. On the other hand, the champion receives full exemptions to play The Amateur, the U.S. Amateur Championship, and all other USGA amateur championships for which he is eligible.
ESPN is broadcasting live and you can watch all of the excitement on the channels and times listed below or you can come out in person and join the rest of the golf fans!
Information for spectators
- Access to watch the LAAC 2022 rounds is free of charge and open exclusively to guests, residents, and their invitees.
- Parking will be available by the polo field, from where you can walk to Teeth of the Dog.
- Food and beverage stands will be available at Teeth of the Dog.
- All spectators must wear facemasks at all times.
ADDITIONAL TIPS FOR SPECTARORS
- Put on sunblock
- Wear comfortable shoes
- Golf carts will not be allowed on the Teeth of the Dog throughout the LAAC. In this type of event it is customary for spectators to walk around the course.
- Do not approach the professional players for autographs or photographs during a round.
- All cellphone must be on silent.
- Maintain distance from the players on the course
- Make sure not to stand in the player’s sight path (especially while putting)
- Keep silent while on the course (especially if you are close to the players)
- Do not move while player is about to hit a shot – stay still
- HAVE FUN!
LAAC 2022 tee times broadcast
Thursday, January 20th – Sunday, January 23rd on ESPN and the following providers and channels.
Altice: ESPN 2, 350, 460
HD Claro: ESPN 2, 304, 1304 HD
Please check the schedules in the channel menu.
Featured Image: Juan Cayro Delgado (DOM) thrilled the local public in 2019 where he was the protagonist of the last LAAC played in Casa de Campo. / Photo: Enrique Berardi/LAAC.