This post is also available in: Spanish
FANTASTIC news for golfers! Casa de Campo’s golf courses, which have been closed due to the Covid-19 pandemic, are scheduled to reopen soon starting with The Links!
Today, more than 45 years after the opening of Casa de Campo’s first golf course, the “Teeth of the Dog”, with 63 Pete Dye designed holes of play across 3 complete courses; the Teeth of the Dog, the Dye Fore, and The Links, as well the “Dye Fore Lakes” and “Dye Fore Marina” which are played in conjunction with the Dye Fore. Now that The Links is reopening following lockdown, and some TLC – Casa de Campo’s world-class golf reputation looks set to soar to new and greater heights!
Just a few days ago, Casa de Campo Resort & Villas announced their Casa Cares program which focuses on a renewed commitment to safety, privacy, service, and joy. They are prepared to receive and take care of all Casa de Campo guests while preserving guests, owners, and team-members’ general well-being.
Below you will find the health and safety protocols they will be implementing for golf:
Casa Cares golf Protocols
- They have adopted enhanced sanitizing protocols at practice areas, such as additional soap being used during the ball cleaning process, flagsticks being removed for the putting and chipping greens, and golf balls being poured for guests upon arrival.
- They are implementing enhanced cart sanitizing processes that will ensure carts will be disinfected before and after each use.
- They have eliminated common-touch points across all golf courses such as ball-washers, rakes, and more.
- They will be implementing a touch-less ball retrieving mechanism across all golf courses.
- Individual golf carts will be available upon request. Walking is encouraged.
- In line with PGA Guidelines, a physical distancing protocol has been developed for golf lessons.
- Players will be required to check into the Golf Shop before their tee time, and golf carts will be located in front of the Caddie Master.
- Face masks are mandatory inside all buildings, including Golf Pro Shops and the Golf Learning Center.
- Players are encouraged to bring their own hand sanitizer for their own personal use, although dispensers will be available on public areas.
- Tee times will only be booked online or by calling the Pro Shop directly.
- Club storage will not be available. Players will be encouraged to handle their own clubs.
- Players will be asked not to touch the flagstick, and to leave it in the hole.
- Bunker rakes have been removed from the course. Players will be expected to play preferred lies and smooth over footprints in the bunker.
Golf is a game that lends itself to social distancing and this means Casa golfers can reacquaint themselves with the courses as early as this Wednesday, but always remember that it is vital that everyone continues to follow best practice when it comes to dealing with the current pandemic.
We hope you enjoy the first of what we are sure will be many rounds of golf!
Casa de Campo golf course reopening Schedule
Open July 1st – July 12th: The Links
Open July 13th – August 2nd: Teeth of the Dog and The Links
Open August 3rd: Teeth of the Dog and Dye Fore
Open August 31st: Teeth of the Dog, Dye Fore, and The Links