This post is also available in: Spanish
The golf practice range at the Teeth of the Dog has been closed and will remain closed for the foreseeable future, whilst it undergoes essential renovations.
This means that down at Casa de Campo’s main golf area, by the Lago Grill and the Casa de Campo hotel, the only golf option open is the beautiful Teeth of the Dog golf course, as the links is also closed down for renovations until December.
To read more about the Links and its renovations, click here.
Whilst it can be a little frustrating to have the golf course closed down as well as the practice range – we must remember that the reparations are an essential part of keeping Casa de Campo one of the World’s top golf resorts – and to compensate golfers are able to play on a new driving range in Dye Fore.
We received the following information about the renovations, from Dave Pfisterer, Casa de Campo’s head golf professional;
The practice range at Teeth of the Dog closed for renovation on May 9. We are not exactly sure how long it will be closed, but will most likely be through August.
The goals of the renovation are:
1. Replace the grass on the hitting area to a more durable variety
2. Regrade the teeing area to provide a level practice area
3. Reshape and regrass the short game area to provide practice conditions similar to those that the golfer will encounter on the golf courses
4. Enlarge and define the target areas on the range
5. Install a mound along the road and remove the old flag poles and hedge to prevent ball loss and improve the appearance of the practice range area
Chris Lutzke and his crew have done much of the grading and contour work already and should soon be ready to plant the new grass. Once the grass is planted, it will need several months to take root and mature enough to withstand the use (or abuse) that a practice range receives.
Great news for the future of golf in Casa de Campo!