This post is also available in: Spanish
Last Saturday the 1st of November, the Casa de Campo community came together to do the Monster Mash at the annual Casa de Campo Halloween Party! And it was… spooktacular!!
With the Casa de Campo Yacht Club transformed into an eerie Haunted Mansion on an epic scale, Casa de Campo’s creatures of the night crept out to shake their bones!
Once again, the organizers of this frightful fiesta outdid themselves in every way, from the decorations to the drinks, to the “Chimi” stand, the music, and in their own costumes… This year our horrifying hosts came dressed as the “Day of the dead” (Día de los Muertos), with perfectly coordinated outfits and make-up done by a professional from Santo Domingo.
Congratulations to Patricia Proaño, Gricelle Lahoz, Ivonna Sosa, Ramon Caceres, Amelia Pereya and Miguel Ferry – we loved it!
Among the numerous other outstanding costumes of the evening there was Magdalena Cavazos, who also took her inspiration from the Día de los Muertos, and who won Best Female. Meanwhile Mirtha de Marchena was hilarious as a Minion (complete with banana), and for that she won Most Funny.
Also thrilled to win a prize was the CasaLife Air crew, whose uniforms were inspired by PanAm airways, and who won Best Group for their efforts – which included a choreographed dance.
And then came the most gruesome, terrifying costume of them all – the Ebola decontamination team, who complete with “vaccine shots” (aka tequila shots) won Most Original.
A fantastically frightful night!
The following collection of photos were taken by Alejandro Heredia during the Casa de Campo Halloween Party 2014, on Saturday November 1st:
Halloween Party – Prizes
1) Best Costume – VooDoo Man – George Olivo – Photo session with Bryan de la Cruz
2) Most Original – The Ebola Team – Leo Proaño and Monica Marrero – dinner for 2 at the beach Club by Casa de Campo
3) Best Female – La Catrina – Magdalena Cavazos – Haircut by Robert Garcia Salon at Altos de Chavon
4) Best Male – Man with the double face – Dinner for 2 at Rest. La Casita La Romana
5) Best Couple #1 – Dracula and the witch – Luis and Sabrina – Dinner for 2 at Chinois La Marina
6) Best couple #2 – Chinese couple – Karina Aristy and Carlos Logroño – Inscription for 2 at Body Stetic Fitness Gym in La Romana
7) Best couple #3 – Nightmare before Christmas – Pamela Alonzo and Rafael Rojas – Spa certificates by Casa de Campo
8) Sexiest Costume – The police girl – Mila – Inscription for 2 at Body Stetic Fitness Gym in La Romana
9) Funniest Costume – The Minion “Bananaaaa” – Mirtha de Marchena – Inscription for 2 at Body Stetic Fitness Gym in La Romana
10) Best group – Panam Girls and Pilots – Philip Silvestri, Rebecca Hughes, Bijai Singh, Valerie Singh and Alicia.