- Water your orchid when the moss or bark it’s potted in dries out. They prefer to be a little too-dry than too-wet.
- Water it by running water through the moss and out the drainage holes for a couple of minutes. Never let orchids sit in water. Repeat every 10 to 14 days.
- Repot every 1 or 2 years. When the bark or moss starts to look like soil it’s time to repot in a bigger pot with fresh orchid bark.
- Orchids love humidity — accomplish this by setting the orchid atop a tray of pebbles or sand and water. As the water in the tray evaporates, it humidifies the air around the plant.
- Misting an orchid is not as necessary as owners tend to think. (It’s actually more therapeutic to people than plants!)
- Use a fertilizer for orchids a couple of times in spring and summer to help them bloom best.
- Once flowers fade, cut the flower stem, and it will bloom again next year.
Mother’s Day Give-Away Currently, Costa Farms is offering the following give away that ends this Sunday! Simply following the steps below and be entered to win: 1. Like the photo 2. Tag 3 friends 3. Get your friends to follow Costa Farms Instagram!
REGALO PARA MAMÁ Es tiempo de regalar y amamos tanto las plantas que queremos regalar este hermoso arreglo para que las disfrutes también. Sigue los siguientes pasos y quedaras participando: 1- Dale like a la foto 2- Etiqueta 3 amig@s en los comentarios (Ell@s también recibirán obsequio) ♂️ 3- Tus amig@s deben seguir nuestro instagram @costafarmsrd El ganador o la ganadora se anunciará el Domingo 28 de Mayo a las 7pm *Aplica únicamente en República Dominicana #costafarmsrd #instagramcontest #instagramgiveaway #contest #giveaway #instadaily #instagood #regalaamama #orchids #decor #2017
A post shared by Decor•Paisajismo•Mantenimiento (@costafarmsrd) on
Costa Farms has a team of highly qualified agronomists and landscape architects as well as more than 15 years of experience in the design, installation, and maintenance of gardens and green areas. Located in La Romana, Dominican Republic, they have more than 45 years of experience in the production and merchandising of Ornamental plants in national and international markets. Tel.: 809.687.0666 Web: www.costafarms.com/dr/ Follow them on Instagram: @costafarmsrd