It’s Semana Santa, which for us here in Casa de Campo means it’s time to party in Palmilla!
Palmilla must-haves for you:
- Designer sunglasses – if you’ve forgotten your’s or worse broken them, don’t panic! Carmen Sol New York in the Marina Casa de Campo has now opened a new sunglasses boutique, Carmen Sol New York SUN, which sells every brand you need to look suitably ‘in style’!
- Bathing suit – for most, the idea of strutting around partially naked can be a little intimidating, so to boost your confidence get yourself a brand new bathing suit! For men, we recommend Vilebrequin, whilst for ladies both KIWI and Carmen Sol New York stock bikini’s to show off every beautiful curve.
- Sunscreen – available in the Nacional Supermarket and the pharmacy. Applying sunscreen is undoubtedly a pain, but lobster red is definitely not this season’s ‘in’ color.
- An attractive woman (or several) – an essential if you’re a man trying to achieve the ‘affluent’ look.
Designer specks – sailor’s hat and crazy pout not essential:
Palmilla must-haves for the boat:
- Alcohol – if you forget literally everything else, do NOT forget the champagne! There are three very good options to buy your drinks in the Marina; Punto y Concho is a specialist in good quality wines, spirits and most importantly champagne, the Nacional Supermarket has a good variety, but can get very crowded, and the Block and Barrel which has a nice choice, as well as freshly made sandwiches and cheesecake. Or for those who like to come prepared – you can get fantastic imported wine delivered straight to your house from the Casa Wine Shop.
- Food – all booze and no food is a recipe for disaster. If you just want snacks, the best options are the Nacional Supermaket and Block and Barrel, but if you’re catering for a larger group, most restaurants in the Marina are willing to provide platters.
- Ice – Nacional Supermarket has it.
Get ready to have fun!
HINT: If you’re coming in from Santo Domingo, do yourself a favor and get all your supplies from JUMBO, it has a bigger selection, and might be less crowded – although I would not recommend getting your sunglasses there, likewise for the attractive woman!