This post is also available in: Inglés
There is always so much going on in Casa de Campo that its sometimes easy to forget that interesting things happen in the capital too! There are plenty of interesting and exciting activities going on now in Santo Domingo and plenty more happening in the next few weeks, here is our quick selection of what is going on!
If you are interested in staying one or two nights, we would recommend the Hotel Santo Domingo, who has extended special rates for Casa de Campo Living readers. So if you are interested, please give them a ring at 809-221-3672 for details or reservations, just let them know we sent you.
This weekend, the 15th to the 17th of May:
‘Construexpo‘ – a construction exhibition is at the Domincan Fiesta Convention Hall, Thursday through Sunday.
- The cast of the popular Dominican show ‘Patito Feo‘ will be at the Olympic Stadium on Saturday at 7pm.
- Miss Dominican Republic 2009 – the beauty pageant will be held at the Sans Souci Convention Hall, in Santo Domingo East. In case you missed it the Misses paid a visit to Casa de Campo’s Altos de Chavon click here to see the photos.
The rest of May, the 17th of May and beyond…
- Jose Antonio Rodriguez is performing at Casa de Teatro every Thursday in March, April and May.
- Puerto Rican singers Victor Manuelle and Gilberto Santa Rosa are performing on the 23rd of May at the Palacio de los Deportes at 8pm. Tickets can be purchased by calling Ticket Express at 809-563-1111.
- Mexicans Marco Antonio Muniz, Armando Manzanero and Mariachi Vargas of Tecalitlan and from the Dominican Rafael Solano will be at the main hall of the National Theater on the 29th and 30th of May at 8:30pm, performing romance ballads, in a Mother’s day special called «Nostalgia.»
- Renowned Guatemalan singer Ricardo Arjona will perform 30 May at the Estadio Olimpico at 9pm. Tickets can be purchased by calling UEPA Tickets at 809-620-8372