This post is also available in: Inglés
A Schengen visa is a document issued by the competent authorities to the interested party to visit or circulate inside or outside the Schengen area. This area is made up of 26 countries that have agreed to allow the free circulation of their citizens within its space as a single country.
Members of the Schengen area are: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovenia , Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Liechtenstein.
Requirements of the Schengen visa application
When applying for a Schengen visa to travel to one or more of the Schengen countries, there are some requirements that must be met. If you are planning to travel to more than one country, it is better if you apply for a visa at the embassy/consulate of the country where you will stay longer, in relation to the days of residence. Once you are issued a multiple entry visa, you can travel through all the countries of the Schengen Area for the time of stay assigned to the visa.
You must also take into account that you must personally deliver the required documents once you have made an appointment at the embassy/consulate. It is always advisable to schedule the appointment at least 15 days before your departure since it is the estimated time necessary for the bureaucratic process that takes place in the corresponding institution.
Each country shares more or less the same requirements in issuing a visa to the party in need. However, there are small differences, depending on the consulate/embassy, on the additional documents required, apart from the main identification documents and their current economic status.
Below, you can see a unified example of the documents requested with the additional information:
– The application form must be filled out and signed in the corresponding blank spaces.
– A clear background photograph must be attached. The photo must have been taken recently.
– The passport, as well as all copies of your previous visas, is required, valid at least 3 months before your departure. The passport must have at least two blank pages.
– Reservation of the round trip or itinerary with dates and flight numbers that specify the entry and exit of the Schengen Area. You can use visa consultation services like this. The staff can handle most of your visa requirements, such as flight itineraries and hotel reservations, all through a free email consultation.
– A travel medical insurance policy must be guaranteed, covering any medical emergency with hospital care and travel back to your home country for medical reasons. This medical insurance policy must cover expenses up to 30,000 euros, depending on the days of residence and must also be valid in all Schengen countries. The medical insurance policy must be contracted before collecting the visa and, if it is not granted, you can cancel it!
– Proof of accommodation during the entire planned stay in the Schengen Area.
– Proof of sufficient means of subsistence during the planned stay in the Schengen Area. There are notable differences between countries.
For a minor, there must be some additional documents requested by the corresponding institution, which are indicated below:
– The birth certificate of the minor
– The application form must be signed by both parents
– In cases where one of the parents has full custody of the child, the order of the family court must be attached.
– Certified copies of the DNI / passport of both parents.
– The notarized authorization of the parents signed by both parents or guardians will be attached if the minor is traveling alone.
For these recommendations and others, you can count on Andima Travel & Consulting. They are located in La Romana, just a few minutes outside of Casa de Campo. Andima is a travel agency that was born to meet the needs of those who love to travel and explore new places with excellent services and a staff with great human relations, in a modern, relaxed and avant-garde office space. Pay them a visit, tell them what you want, like, your concerns, limitations, budget, priorities, etc and we are sure they will be able to help you design the getaway of your dreams.
Andima Travel & Consulting
Where: C/ Eugenio A. Miranda, esq. Diego Avila #52, Local 1C
Contact: 809-384-4239 Whatsapp 849-206-2209, email: [email protected]
Schedule: Monday to Friday 9:00 am – 6:30 pm Saturday 9:00 am – 1:30 pm
Social media: Instagram: andimatravel Facebook: andimatravel