This post is also available in: Spanish
Casa de Campo Golfers will this week be celebrating the start of Spring with the ‘Casa de Campo Spring Shootout Golf Tournament’, which will take place on Casa de Campo’s famous Pete Dye designed golf courses; the Links, the Teeth of the Dog and Dye Fore. (Resumen en Español debajo.)
The Casa de Campo Spring Shootout is an annual event and will this year run from Wednesday the 27th of April through to Sunday the 1st of May. The tournament is a 54-hole stroke play tournament with net and gross divisions.
The tournament schedule is as follows:
Wednesday, April 27th
· Registration at the Golf Pro Shop
· Practice Round on all three courses (Call starter for Teeth & Links at # 3158 or Dye 4 at # 2738
· 7:30 pm Welcome Cocktail and Dinner Party
Thursday, April 28th
· First Round of the Tournament on Dye Fore & Links
· Free Evening
Friday, April 29th
· Second Round of the Tournament on Teeth of the Dog and Dye Fore
· Free Evening
Saturday, April 30th
· Final Round of the Tournament on Teeth of the Dog and Links
· 2:00 pm Shootout on the Teeth of the Dog for men and for ladies
· 5:00 pm Finals of the Shootout on # 9 of the Teeth of the Dog
· 8:00 pm Awards Cocktail and Dinner Banquet
Sunday, May 1st
· 7:30 am Fourth Annual Casa de Campo Super Scramble
· (Shotgun start on the Teeth of the Dog)
How will the Shootout work?
The men’s field will be divided in ten flights and the ladies will do battle within six flights according to handicaps. The net and gross winners in each flight will compete in a shootout on Saturday afternoon. The shootout will be played on the Teeth of the Dog. A number of players will be eliminated on each hole until we end up with two men and two ladies. These four players will play number 9 on the Teeth of the Dog until we crown an overall man and lady champion. We will also have a drawing for six $500.00 gift certificate that can be used toward your package cost, or for either the Casa de Campo Open in September 2010 or the 2011 Spring Shootout. All participants will receive one ticket in the drawing but tickets will be awarded in accordance to how a player finishes in his or her flight. Daily low winners and qualifiers in the shootout will receive bonus tickets.
Resumen del articulo en Español
La Casa de Campo ‘Spring Shootout’ torneo de golf tendrá lugar el miércoles 27 de abril hasta el domingo 1 de mayo. El torneo se jugará en el Teeth of the Dog, Links y Dye Fore campos de golf.